Classic meatloaf made delicious using Progresso™ bread crumbs -- a scrumptious dinner.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Use Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs in place of the Progresso™ plain bread crumbs, and omit the Italian seasoning.
- Prepare and shape the loaf in advance; cover and refrigerate up to 5 hours. Bake just before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover meatloaf slices. To reheat, microwave each slice on microwavable plate uncovered on Medium-High (70%) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.