These flavorful mozzarella sticks are an easy version to make at home. Kids will love dipping them in extra marinara sauce!
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 12 teaspoons Muir Glen™ Organic Pasta Sauce Cabernet Marinara (plus additional for dipping)
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks (1 oz each), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet on ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 12 equal rectangles. Top each rectangle with 1 teaspoon Muir Glen™ organic cabernet marinara pasta sauce and half of a 1-oz mozzarella cheese stick. Roll up, taking care to pinch seams; place seam-side down on cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning; brush on top of crescent dough sticks. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with additional sauce for dipping.
- Try adding a few mini pepperoni slices inside each for a pizza-inspired treat!
- When adding the sauce to the inside, be careful not to let the sauce come to the edges, as this will make it more difficult to pinch the seams closed.