Strawberry Dumplings served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream will be perfect spring and summer treat. Crescent rolls filled with strawberries, baked in butter and brown sugar sauce, gets delightfully crisp tops while the bottoms stay soft and gooey.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 sticks butter
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lemon soda
- 2/3 cup fresh srawberries-diced
- Preheat the oven at 350 F ; butter 8×8 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Roll diced strawberries in a crescent roll and place in a buttered dish.
- Melt butter, stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla, remove from heat and pour over the dumplings.
- Pour the soda in the middle and along the edges of a pan (not over the rolls)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Serve warm.