The combination of meaty, caramelized, roasted cauliflower florets and some just-this-side-of-burnt onions has become our go-to winter side dish recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet with onion, thyme, garlic, and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, toss to combine, and roast until cauliflower is tender, 10–12 minutes longer.