Crispy, delicious low carb and keto fried fish are coated with almond flour and fried in avocado oil. No unnecessary carbs, gluten, or trans fats!
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 (6 oz) thin fillets of a firm, white fish such as sole or cod
- 1 cup almond flour
- Avocado oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried thyme.
- Dip each fish fillet into the egg mixture. Place it on a cutting board, and sprinkle both sides with the almond flour, 1/4 cup per fillet, pressing with your hands to help the coating adhere. I find that this method works better than dredging the fish in the almond flour, because when dredging, the almond flour that remains in the bowl becomes soggy and sticky and pretty much useless.
- Pour avocado oil into a large nonstick frying pan, enough to reach about 1/2 inch high. Heat over medium-high heat until hot, 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully place the fillets in the pan (work in batches if necessary). Cook until bottom is golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the fish. Lower heat to medium. Cook until crisp and cooked through, 3-4 more minutes.