I love homefries or hashbrowns in pretty much any form and these are no exception! I also love that this breakfast skillet is loaded with vegetables and tons of flavor, so that it will not only keep her full and provide her with great nutrition- but it tastes good!!!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, large diced
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup freshly chopped curly parsley
- 1 lemon
- Add the potatoes to a pot of boiling salted water and boil them, par-cooking the potatoes for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let the potatoes cool and cook the vegetables. In a heavy pan or skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of oil and the onion and sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes until the onions are soft and the mushrooms are tender and browned. Add the red bell peppers and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a separate bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the potatoes until golden and tender in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season to taste with kosher salt and the paprika and garlic powder.
- Add the vegetables back to the skillet along with the spinach, which should be folded in and will wilt right away. Squeeze a little lemon juice and season to taste with kosher salt and garnish with the parsley. Serve hot with ketchup or salsa on the side for dipping!