This spicy vegan pad thai is way better than takeout - made with whole food ingredients, and a breeze to throw together!
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1 Lb Long Pasta spaghetti, fettuccine, etc
- 3 Cup Shredded Carrots or Carrot Noodles
- 3 Cups Snap Peas washed and ends trimmed
- 1/2 Cup Scallions
- Cilantro to taste, optional
- Chopped Bird's Eye Chili caution - see notes
- Red Pepper Flakes for topping optional
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbs Sriracha
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 2 Tbs Neutral Oil like avocado oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- First, cook the pasta according to package directions. I highly recommend a long, flat noodle for this - like fettuccine or linguine. Use brown rice noodles to make gluten-free.
- While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients into a blender, and blend on high until everything is completely smooth.
- When pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or pot, add in the carrots, (washed and trimmed) snap peas, and a small drizzle of oil. Sauté on medium heat until carrots are wilted, about 3-5 minutes. When done, remove from heat.
- Add in the cooked noodles to the sauté pan or pot, and then top with the pad thai sauce. Mix noodles and veggies until they're evenly covered with sauce.
- Serve pad thai with scallions and cilantro.
- Feel free to sub in any other veggies you like to accompany this pad thai - broccoli and onions would be delish too! Also, in the video, I used a little chopped bird's eye chili in the sauté. You can use this too, though I caution you it's VERY spicy!!