These Pulled Pork Sliders with Garlic Aioli are made in the slow cooker, making this recipes a super easy one! Pulled pork is slow cooked in barbecue sauce, shredded then placed on a fluffy bun with garlic aioli…these are definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 1, 3-5 pound pork shoulder (mine was 3.75 lbs. bone-in or no bone both work fine)
- Garlic Powder
- Your favorite barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Slider buns
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 garlic clove)
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (I used Gourmet Herbs slightly dried chives)
- Generously season the pork shoulder with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and rub pork shoulder with your favorite barbecue sauce (I used a pastry brush to help me do this). Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-5 hours). Once cooked, remove pork shoulder and slightly shred - discard any fatty parts. Careful not to shred the pork too much - you want nice chunks of pork on your sandwich. Add about ½ cup to 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce and gently mix.
- To make the aioli, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Toast the slider buns in the oven at 375 for a few minutes until crispy.
- Assemble sliders by adding the pork on the bun and topping with a dollop of aioli.
- Everything can be made 2 days advance and then put in the refrigerator. Simply heat the pork up in the microwave, oven or even place on warm or low in your slow cooker when you're ready to serve.