Easy yogurt cake, a healthy adn delicious snack or dessert cake recipe made with your favourite flavor of yogurt. Change your yogurt flavor, change your cake!
- 1 cup any flavour yogurt** (I find flavoured regular yogurt to be the best ) (250 grams)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (112 grams)
- 3/4 cup sugar (154.50 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (225 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (180° celcius). Grease an 8 inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, lightly beat eggs (approximately 30 seconds) add oil, sugar and yogurt, beat for 1 minute until smooth, add flour and baking powder and beat until well combined approximately another minute. Pour into greased cake pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until tested done (when toothpick or knife inserted in cake comes out clean). When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.**I find flavoured regular yogurt to be the best, in the video I used Strawberry.
- ** Depending on the flavour you can always top with this Blueberry Sauce.
- In a medium pot mix together berries, sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice, bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until desired thickness. Pour into a bowl, let cool completely and or refrigerate.