This Shrimp Alfredo is A cheesy, garlick-y delicious pasta packed with shrimp, and an easy homemade Alfredo. Great weeknight dinner! This easy shrimp Alfredo pasta is a family favorite for a reason.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese or 3 cheese blend
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese optional
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Using a hand mixer or blender, mix together the milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth, set aside
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic. Saute garlic for about a minute, then add in peeled and deveined shrimp
- Cook 3-5 minutes, until pink, and just barely cooked through
- Remove shrimp from pan, leave garlic and butter drippings in saucepan
- Add milk mixture to the pan, and stir for 4 minutes on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and keep stirring for about 6 more minutes until is starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add grated cheese and Parmesan
- Cover, let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp into sauce and let stand another 5 minutes
- Serve over noodles of choice, I chose fettuccine. (1 lb package is sufficient)
- Garnish with some dried parsley
- Rinse your shrimp well in a colander before cooking so you don’t get a “fishy” taste in your sauce.
- Stir the garlic so it doesn’t burn. If it gets too brown it will be bitter.
- Keep stirring when you pour the milk mixture in, you don’t want it to burn.
- Use a heavy bottomed pot to help reduce the likelihood of scorched milk.
- If you don’t eat all of it in one sitting, when reheating add milk to get to the desired consistency as it will get thicker!