A healthy super delicious chocolate oreo cake. Gluten-free grain-free egg-free dairy-free and no sugar added chocolate cake with a cashew coconut frosting. A secretly healthy chocolate cake that you won't feel guilty about eating!
Ingredients:Ingredients for one cake layer:
- 1 green-yellow plantain ( 8oz weighed raw, about 1 1/3 cups plantain cut into large cubes)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (1 1/4 oz)
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (1 oz)
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder (2 1/2oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop up plantains.
- Place 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tbsp coconut butter, 8 oz plantain and 1/2 cup applesauce into blender.
- Blend together.
- Next add in 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 4 tbsp protein powder and 2/3 cup cocoa powder.
- Blend until everything is well blended and smooth.
- Lightly grease a 9 in circle cake pan.
- Pour cake batter into pan.
- Set aside while you make the second layer.
- Make second cake layer. Repeat the previous steps.
- Pour into the second 9 in circle cake pan that has been greased.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
- Make frosting while cakes bake.
- Let cool in pans before removing.
- Carefully remove from pans.
- Spread the frosting on one of the cakes.
- Carefully top the second cake on top.
- For the plantains you can use a GREEN unripe banana.
- For the protein powder we used hemp protein. You can use any protein powder just know it might change the flavor and texture.
- For the coconut butter you can use any nut or seed butter.