This recipe for Crispy Keto Chicken Tenders is absolutely delightful! You will probably end up making this recipe at least once a week when you realize how much everyone in the whole family loves it! It was quickly added to our meal rotation with unanimous approval!
- 4 chicken thighs deboned and cut into 2-3 pieces each
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups oil
- Place oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer.
- Set heat to medium and allow to heat as you prepare the chicken tenders.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of the almond flour with all the seasonings.
- Crack the eggs into a second bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and then whisk for 30 seconds.
- Dredge the chicken through the almond flour mixture, then the eggs mixture, then repeat through the almond flour.
- I had to do this in 3 batches as the almond flour gets wet and clumpy after a while (more so than all-purpose flour).
- When the oil is hot, add 3 pieces of chicken at a time and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes each, until cooked through and golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the chicken to a paper-towel lined plate or tray and repeat with the remaining chicken.