Get everyone into the holiday spirit with Eggnog French Toast! Seasonal flavors put a festive twist on classic french toast for a simple yet decadent holiday breakfast.
- 1 loaf hearty bread like challah or brioche
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg plus more for garnish freshly grated if possible
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- Maple syrup optional
- Cut bread into thick slices and place half of the bread in a shallow baking dish or large bowl
- Crack 5 eggs into a mixing bowl and add 1 1/2 cups eggnog. Whisk in 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. Stir all ingredients until combined.
- Place half of the bread in a shallow baking dish or large bowl. Pour half of the egg mixture over bread and turn each piece over until it is completely coated.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-low. Add 1 Tbsp. of butter or ghee and allow to melt completely. Add as many pieces of bread as will fit in the pan. Toast until golden brown. Flip and repeat on the second side of the bread.
- Once the bread is toasted on both sides remove and set aside. Melt another Tbsp. of butter and repeat with another batch of bread. Continue this process of soaking bread and frying until all the bread is toasted.
- Serve Eggnog French Toast with warm maple syrup and a dusting of nutmeg (freshly grated if possible).