This Orange Brown Butter Shrimp is make in 15 minute, 6 ingredient meal that's nice enough for company!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- zest of one orange
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the thyme leaves. Stir and simmer, keeping the heat low (it burns easily), for 5 minutes or until the butter reaches a golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and stir in the zest. Pour the butter into a small bowl and let it rest for a few minutes.
- In the same skillet, with a light coating of the butter remaining, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the raw shrimp and the chili powder; shake or toss in the pan for 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp is no longer translucent.
- Serve with the butter and pasta, grains, rice, or a salad.
- I used salted butter – it was very salty but I loved it. If you want to control the saltiness, choose unsalted butter and add salt to taste.