This Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk is A healthy alternative to store-bought sweetened condensed milk! Easy to make at home, paleo, dairy free, vegan, and can be made keto and low carb!
- 28 oz (830mL) full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- *For low carb and ketogenic, substitute with monk fruit sweetener (see link in text above)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring coconut milk to a simmer.
- Add coconut sugar.
- Simmer for about 1.5 hours or until the liquid has reduced by about half. Make sure to stir and scrape the bottom and sides of the pan every few minutes to prevent it from burning.
- Pour into a glass jar.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store under refrigeration for up to 5 days.