The perfect appetizer or snack food, these crispy green bean "fries" are tender and crispy. Dipped in creamy ranch or wasabi mayo.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 10 oz light beer (I use Guinness Blonde)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- peanut or canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- In a small bowl, mix mayo and wasabi paste until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a large heavy bottomed pot (I use my dutch oven), over MED heat until it reaches 375 F degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels and top with a cooling rack. Set aside, close to your frying pot.
- Get full recipe==>>thechunkychef.com