This Tomato Basil Cream Pasta gets its creaminess from cashews – making it decadent, yet light. If you have time, soak the cashews in water for a few hours or overnight and drain them before using (this step isn’t necessary if you have a Vitamix or another high-speed blender).
- 2–3 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta (or gluten-free pasta)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1–2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil. Core the tomatoes and roughly chop. Add the tomatoes to your blender or food processor — seeds, skin and all. Add the cashews, tomato paste, and water and blend until very smooth.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan and warm over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden, being careful not to burn. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta.
- Get full recipe==>>wellvegan.com